|Merit & Awards Program|
The Merit and Awards Program is offered to current INBA members owning Nubian dairy goats who attain superior milk and type achievements.
INBA Merit & Awards Chairperson
Caroline Lawson, 5124 FM 1940,
Franklin TX 77856; 979-828-4158
Application must be postmarked on or before December 1, 2012 to be eligible
1. To qualify for nomination, the following requirements must be met:
The applicant must be an INBA member in good standing, and have paid dues by March 1, 2012 and must have owned the animal at the time the record was completed (with exception of categories 8, 9, 10 & 11). Category 8, 9, 10, 11 Nubians may be nominated by a member who is the owner of the animal, the breeder of the animal, OR the owner of the qualifying offspring.
+ The Nubian nominated must be registered Purebred or American.
+ Current lactations of 305 days or less must have been completed prior to December 1, 2012.
2. It is the owner's responsibility to fill out the application and submit the name and address of the owner, a copy of the official ADGA registration paper plus any of the following that apply to the nominated animal.
* Milk Awards: A photocopy of the official DHIA Cow/Doe page showing the completed lactation. The ADGA production edit is not acceptable.
* ADGA Top Ten Awards: Top Ten Notification.
* Linear Appraisal Awards: A copy of the Official Linear Appraisal record sheet.
* Copy of Show Wins Report.
3. An owner may nominate more than one animal, and an animal may be nominated for more than one award unless otherwise specified.
Merit & Awards Categories
1. Gold Certificate for Milk, Butterfat, Protein - presented to does producing 3501 or more pounds of milk, and/or 140+ pounds of butterfat, and/or 121+ pounds of protein in 305 days or less.
2. Silver Certificate for Milk, Butterfat, Protein - presented to does producing 3001 to 3500 pounds of milk, and/or 120 to 139 pounds of butterfat, and/or 101 to 120 pounds of protein in 305 days or less.
3. Bronze Certificate for Milk, Butterfat, Protein - presented to does producing 2500 to 3000 pounds of milk, and/or 110 to 119 pounds of butterfat, and/or 80 to 100 pounds of protein in 305 days or less.
4. Top Milk, Butterfat and Protein by Age - Tabulated by the Merit & Awards Committee from categories 1, 2, 3, and presented to two does in five age categories: Under 24 months, 25 to 36 months, 37 to 48 months, 49 to 60 months, 60 months and over .
5. Lifetime Award - presented to does that during their lifetime produced at least 10,000 pounds of milk, 500 pounds of fat, and/or 400 pounds of protein. This award is given only once in a doe's lifetime.
6. Top Ten Award - Presented to does recognized in the ADGA Top Ten for milk, fat, and/or protein.
7. Senior Citizen Award - presented to does producing 1800+ pounds of milk at age 8 or over.
8. Outstanding Sire Award - presented to bucks who qualify from either of these categories:
a - Are the sire of 3 does producing 2200+ pounds of milk, 99 pounds of fat, and/or 84 pounds of protein.
b - Ranked 90% or above in the current USDA Sire Summary.
c - Have at least 5 daughters with a final linear appraisal score of 85 or above with a V or E mammary.
d - Have three permanent champion daughters (send copies of updated registration certificates).
9. Premier Sire Award - presented to bucks who meet requirements A&C, A&D, B&C, or B&D in category 8.
10. Outstanding Dam Award - presented to does who qualify from either of these categories:
a - Are the dams of 3 does producing 2000+ pounds of milk, 90+ pounds of fat, and/or 75 pounds of protein in the same year.
b- Have 3 daughters with a final linear appraisal score of 85 or above with a V or E mammary.
c- Have 2 permanent champion daughters (send copies of updated registration certificates).
11. Premier Dam Award - presented to does who meet requirements A&B or A&C in category 10.
12. National Champion Award - presented to the ADGA National Grand Champion, Reserve Grand Champion, Junior Champion, Reserve Junior Champion and Best Udder. Owner need not apply.
13. Best in Show Award - presented to bucks or does who win Best in Show at official ADGA sanctioned shows.
14. Excellence in Linear Appraisal Award - presented to bucks or does who have a final linear appraisal score of 90 or above.
15. Extended Lactation Award - Presented to does that milk at least 450 days and milk at least 3000 pounds of milk.
16. Star Milker Award - presented to does that earn 20.0 or more points on an official One Day Test.
For more information, contact the Merit & Awards Chair:
5124 FM 1940, Franklin TX 77856;